ORTHOTIC & FOOT PAIN
We Provide An Orthotic Assessment And Fitting Service In Our Clinic, Providing Custom Made Insoles To Help Improve Your Foot Problem
What Is An Orthosis?
An Orthosis, also called a brace, is a device that is externally applied to a body part for support & protection or correction of a deformity or for supporting a movement. We provide orthotic foot inserts that is beneficial for various different lower body conditions.
Orthotic inserts are placed inside your shoes. We replace the lining of your shoes with these inserts that are custom-made to ease your foot pain. We know that every foot is unique and each patients needs a customized solution. Our experienced physical therapists and podiatrists will analyse your needs and then suggest the suitable foot orthotics for you.
Foot Pain and Orthotic Insole Assessments:
We assess the foot which is made up of 26 bones, 33 joints, 112 ligaments and a network of tendons, nerves and arteries! Faulty Foot Mechanics can cause foot pain in all groups most of which can be corrected with Physiotherapy and sometimes Custom made Orthotic Insoles for your footwear.
Foot Conditions include:
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Achilles Bursitis
- Claw Toes
- Diabetic Foot
- Flat Feet “Pronation Pes Planus” or “Dropped Arches”
- Haglunds Deformity
- Heel Spur
- Hammer Toes
- High Arches “Supination Pes Cavus” or “High Arches”
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Severs Disease
Common Types of Orthotics
Orthotics will help you to improve your walking problems. Made of hard plastic or composite material, they are designed to perfectly fit you. Below are a few types of orthotics and how they leave you pain free.
- Arch Support: People who experience delicate arches usually require additional support from their footwear. A tailor-made orthotics can give you adequate support and prevent cramps.
- Heel Orthotics: Often time’s people have a leg that is longer than the other one. In such situations walking can be very painful. A customized heel lift will be able to fill out the discrepancy in the length. The device will also enable you to adjust the angle according to your foot, hence reducing pain and discomfort.
- Ankle-Foot Orthotics: Orthotics devices are also known to help you to mobilize your ankle movements. They are designed in a way that it covers the part from the bottom of the foot to the lower calf, giving support to your ankles.
Specialties & Services
Orthotic & Foot Pain
Book Your Physiotherapy Appointment Now
Click on the button below to book your appointment now with Miranda Moran Physiotherapy Clinic
You must be wondering how to exactly know when you need custom orthotics? If you are experiencing foot, hips, knees or back pain, inserts might give you relieve. In such cases Miranda’s orthotic inserts will enable you to painfully stand for as long as you need. Foot orthotics that are readily available at the pharmacy are only help full for a short period of time. This is because they aren’t customized according to your size & fitting which is why it is unable to treat the basic cause of your pain.
To get long term relief just get a consultation from Miranda and happily get back on your feet